Have a Real Estate Question?
We can offer unbiased help and can advise you on a mired of topics relating to real estate. Since our consulting is fee based you know that we will be working for you rather than a commission.
The professionals at Hardy and Company can provide you with unbiased advice about real estate.
The real estate business by it’s very nature (since it’s mostly commission driven) has traditionally been one that is dominated by salespeople and salespeople generally need to sell something in order to be paid. To us, this model can generate significant conflicts of interest and unfortunately can lead to you receiving advice that may not be in your best interest.
When a broker offers real estate consulting for a fee (either fixed or hourly) the real estate consultant can offer advice that is not clouded by a commission. Since real estate brokers are traditionally paid only when someone buys or sells a home brokers are often put in the uncomfortable position of advising someone to take a course of action that might lead to the broker not getting paid at all – talk about about being put between a rock and a hard-place.
Real estate consulting, for a fee, can help to solve the dilemmas that are often raised by the traditional commission based model. The consultative process is one where the client works with the real estate consultant and both parties focus on evaluating the client’s unique and individual needs and then work to provide intelligent solutions. When we consult with our clients, we strive to offer quality and transparent advice that is not driven by a commission.
Our consulting service can help you to properly evaluate just about any real estate dilemma. The following are just some of the questions we help our clients solve on an almost daily basis:
- Is the the right time to buy or sell?
- What closing costs will I have to pay when I sell my property (it’s amazing, but the traditional allocation of closing costs can vary from city to city)?
- What closing costs will I have to pay when I buy a property?
- The downturn in the market has drastically reduced the equity I have in my property but I need to sell – what are my options?
- Should I renovate my [kitchen, bathroom, yard, etc] before I put my home on the market?
- Is this a good offer (we can help you evaluate it in it’s entirety – including all the terms, costs, timeline, and proposed financing)?
- The broker who is going to sell my home has given me a marketing plan – what do you think of it?
- What is a title insurance policy and what does it cover? What’s not covered?
- At what price should I list my property?
- What do I need to do to my home before putting it on the market?
The consulting service that we provide are varied and we need not be the broker who ultimately lists your property or assists you in a purchase. In fact, our consulting service can serve a “second opinion” to what your broker has told you. Our base rate for consulting work is $125 per hour, and you can buy blocks of time – the more time you buy, the lower our rate.
Consulting Relating to Selling a Property
Some examples of the items we regularly consult with our clients about relating to the sale of a property:
- Is this the right time to sell?
- What should I really ask for my property and what price do you think it will sell for?
- What do I need to do to my home to get it ready for sale?
- Once I sell – should I rent or buy?
- What is the best way to market my home?
- What closing costs should I expect to pay when I sell?
- Help! I’m underwater on my mortgage – what are my options?
- My home has been on the market and is not getting the attention I think it needs – what should I do?
- I had an inspection done, what next?
- Should I have my home appraised before I put it on the market?
- I want to buy a foreclosure – how? Is it good to by foreclosed homes or short sales?
- To stage or not to stage – that is the question.
- I have some photos of my home – how do they look?
Consulting Relating to Buying a Property
- Is this the right time to buy?
- What do you think about this home?
- At what price should I think about making an offer?
- The home I’m looking at was foreclosed on and has been vacant what should I watch out for?
- The home I’m buying didn’t appraise – what next?
- What closing costs should I ask the seller to pay? What are my expenses?
- I’m thinking about buying the home with seller financing – what is this real estate contract they want me to sign?
- Should I get a home inspection?
- What’s covered by the title insurance policy? What is a exception to the policy?
- How will the the property taxes change after I buy?
Our Real Estate Consultation Service is available in the following areas:
Throughout the State of New Mexico.
What our Happy Clients Have to Say:
We SOLD our house in one week! Your professional advice and personal interest in the sale made the whole process a much less intimidating experience. We knew that whatever question we needed answered or form we had to fill out, you would be quickly available to help us. There is no reason to use a full-commission realtor! Thank you for offering the precise services we needed. We appreciate your thoroughness and will certainly tell our friends about this real estate sale option.
- S.T. & D.L., Santa Fe, NM $20,705 in Commission Savings and Sold in 7 Days!
Thank you for offering such a Great service! We closed on time!
- J.G.., Albuquerque, NM $6,700 in Commission Savings!
My husband and I were first time home owners and were in the tough situation of needing to sell our home without enough equity to be able to pay a traditional Realtor. We were terrified of trying to sell it on our own, but simply didn’t have the money to try anything else. Our experience using Hardy & Co.’s listing service to sell our home was lovely. We were astounded at the amount of help and the resources we received for the price we paid. From the one-on-one phone consultations to the paperwork, forms, and explanations of duties, Steve Hardy helped my husband and I to be well prepared to sell our home ourselves. With all his help and support, Steve made the whole process manageable and almost (dare I say?) easy. Now I tell all my friends that even if they have the money to pay a full Realtor fee they should seriously consider one of Hardy & Co.’s listing plans.
- K.R., Albuquerque, NM $3,845 in Commission Savings and Sold in 63 Days!
Just a note to thank you for providing the flat fee MLS service that we used to sell our home, as well as your prompt professional attention to questions and concerns I had. The MLS exposure we received with this program helped us sell our home in just 4 days!
- G. S., Los Lunas, NM $6,156 in Commission Savings and Sold in 4 Days!
Thanks for your help, I am really impressed with your services!
- M. I., Albuquerque, NM
Thank you for your help, you have been terrific!
- L. P., Albuquerque, NM
Thank you very much for your service. Listing with you was easy. You were a great help guiding me through the process of house selling and providing invaluable advice. I would recommend your services to anyone looking to buy or sell real estate.
- V. M., Albuquerque, NM – $5,550 in Commission Savings and Sold in 7 Days!
Thank you again for your assistance with this sale. I found you and your services quick, highly efficient and simple to use. I will definitely recommend your company!
- T. B., Albuquerque, NM – $5,443 in Commission Savings and Sold in 14 Days!
I love your approach to Real Estate!
- J. P., Santa Fe, NM